Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Beginning

For the past 5 years, I have shared quotes from my days in kindergarten with my friends and family in the digital world.  Some have made people laugh, some have shown the wisdom in children far beyond their years, but all have come from the young, honest, and wonderful minds of children.  
When I first began teaching I received the wise advice to write down the stories, quotes, and things that not only made me smile, but helped me remember some of the greatest benefits of teaching --the kids!  I began to record the things my students said, Writing them down after school, when the silence of an empty classroom set in.  I followed each quote with the child who said it, believing that to truly understand and find the nugget of humor or truth or innocence, you had to know the child who said it.  I held these moments in my classroom and in my heart, believing that while they filled me with joy, those outside of education might not see the value in them.  
It was during my calls home to my parents, when I would tell them the things I heard from my students each day that I thought perhaps children know no boundaries.  The words they say and the things they do make even the darkest hearts smile.  So I began to share a little quote or perhaps a drawing, summing up small moments in our big world.  
My family and friends began to comment on how much joy and humor these small moments brought them.  And so in an effort to spread joy an humor, I bring you the all the wisdom I have gathered from 5 year olds...

No comments:

Post a Comment